View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 12:04 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenturiGuy
As January progressed, I realized that I was working on 1.37X upscales of two of the three rockets listed in the 1972 catalog as "Available Feb 1, 1972," 40 years after they were released.

Looking forward to seeing the models. I got started as a reBAR by building a '69 Javelin kit that I found. Real good flyer. I take it with me and fly it every time I go to launch a few.

I agree, the '72 Centuri was a great catalog, but I didn't mind the couple of years preceding it either. They did an excellent job with two colors.

Estes '71 catalog is it's equivalent, I think. I really liked the built models on a planet "set." It kind'a got your imagination going. I'd like to try something like that one time. That and they had the yellow pages in the back, which were great.

They used some of the photos in '72's catalog, but it didn't go all the way through the cat. and I agree with Chris, that it was weaker than Centuri's offering.

If I was going to have two catalogs, Estes '71 and Centuri '72 would be the ones. Oh, and I wouldn't mind Centuri's '69 either. It was my first one.