View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 10:07 PM
Forest Sprite

Post Back Online

Hi, fellow FSI freaks!

I've been offline for awhile. On 4/26/07, the hard drive on my computer crashed, and, for good measure, the video card failed too. I only got everything back from the repair shop a few days ago, and I'm still catching up. (Miraculously, they were able to restore my complete HD, even though I had never made a backup.) So anyway, where was I... ?

Steve! You did build that SLS OSO!! GREAT pictures. That is one beautiful nosecone - I'm so jealous now! Your model is positively pin-up worthy!!

Please, please post more pics! And a flight report, too, whenever...

I did do some building while I was offline, but no FSI clone stuff, even though I had parts and plans. I am using my computer a lot for my FSI project, for such things as tube fin patterns for the Vikings, double-checking accuracy with published plans and pictures, consulting with all of you FSI experts on this forum, etc.

I really, really missed that last thing. I just didn't want to proceed without a 'Net, so to speak.

But now I'm back, and am ready to go again. The last FSI clone I built was the Penetrator, circa mid-70's to early '90's version. Next up: Micro, Viking III, and, at long last, an accurate Viking I. An Echo 1 was supposed to be on that list, too, but I screwed up and didn't order enough ST-13 from Semroc, so it will have to wait for the next order.

(Then, after that, I do see some sport scale models in the near future... )

And, yes, I still need to get to work on painting all of the clone that I've built so far and then putting on those great Excelsior decals.

Mark K.
Mark S. Kulka NAR #86134 L1,_ASTRE #471_Adirondack Mountains, NY
Opinions Unfettered by Logic • Advice Unsullied by Erudition • Rocketry Without Pity
+09281962-TAK-08272007+
SAM # 0011