View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 12:02 AM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark II
Well, yeah, but that's ... New Jersey!

By the way, I'm from Michigan.

Yeah, tell me about it... Killer pizza, though.

Visited her kin in ALL-bany (they thought that was just the funniest thing ever when I called it "AL-bany" like we typically would in Texas-- course I should talk; I get miffed when my Hoosier wife calls it "Col-uh-RAD-OH" or "Neh-VAD-uh" instead of "Col-uh-ROD-OH" or "Neh-VOD-uh"...

Gotta laugh at yall Yankees...

The holidays are a hoot when we get into the "Yankee" stuff... LOL

Later! OL JR

PS. This time last year, at about 10:15 pm, my MIL, Eula Smith, passed away in the hospital in Goshen after a fairly brief illness brought on by a rare skin cancer... I arrived after a two day drive from Texas about 15 minutes after she passed away, because I had hit a deer down between Peru and Wabash and had to make some emergency repairs to the car and drive with one headlight in a sudden rather heavy wet snowstorm for the last 50 miles or so...

Rest in Peace, Eula... she was a good woman and very kind, even to crusty old fart Texans like me... (and yeah, we did rib each other pretty good... she was an unrepentant Republican patriotic gubmint-loving flag waver, and I'm an indepedent Rebel type Fed'l gubmint hatin' cowboy... can't get much different than that... but we could have some LONG discussions and respected each other very much... )