View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 11:47 PM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanj
I think there may be a terminology confusion thing here.

When I hear "star and bars," I think of the Air Force insignia.

Here:

Googling, I see "stars and bars" (plural stars) brings up hits on the Confederate flag.

Umm.. yeah...

"Stars and Bars" was the informal name for the Confederate flag, just as the "Stars and Stripes" is for the US flag.

I have NO problem with the Confederate flag. In fact I'm rather bemused and slightly offended (as if anyone cares) that they no longer "allow" the Confederate flag (Stars-n-Bars) to be flown as one of the six flags that flew over Texas... Oh, that racist, bigoted insensitive "Confederate Battle Flag" as they call it... I call BS. Now they fly some weird Confederate Naval Ensign or whatever as the supposed "official" or "real" Confederate flag (thanks to revisionist historians trying to be PC) in lieu of the Confederate flag that everyone remotely connected to the Confederacy instantly knew and recognized.

I have several family members that fought for the Union as well. I'm still a Rebel at heart-- it's criminal what the Fed'l Gubmint in DC has done to this country... I don't espouse some of the beliefs that motivated some in the Confederate hierarchy (neither did most of the "common folks" in the Confederacy or the Confederate Army for that matter) but I certainly agree with the "Rebel" idea that we don't need no stinkin' Fed'l Gubmint 2,000 miles away telling us what to do, especially when they've done nothing but make a complete hash of it!

Later! OL JR