View Single Post
Old 04-16-2005, 01:41 PM
BARCLONE Rocketry

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenturiGuy
Here's another version of the picture. This one's exported from the demo version of RockSim 8 (which means the image resolution is much higher).

Looks really good, Jay. Try 'up-sizing' to SEMROC's 175 series, and you'll see some incredible simulation flights on 29mm. Why not work something up and post it to BARCLONE?

My "inspiration" for the Blue Sneek was a combination of Estes 'Sea Strike D' and Quest 'Navaho AGM' kits. I think I had also seen the 'Navy Bird' and it may have played a part in the fin shape. I didn't want an 'exact' copy of any of these, but something with a 'family' feel.

What I really liked about the final design, especially once I could hold it in my hands, was the overall proportions. The ST-10 body tube is a really good choice for this model. It is not quite as anorexic as it would have been using either BT-50 or ST-8, and it isn't as overweight as it would have been using either BT-55 or ST-13. It winds up being about the same size overall as SEMROC's version of the Astro-1 and the Astrobee-350.

Craig