View Single Post
Old 10-17-2020, 01:48 PM
Apollo Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus
USPS is incredibly reliable. I sell on ebay and almost never have anything go astray or get complaints about damage. USPS is just an absolute gem in keeping our country humming along.

FedEx OK.

And UPS is just terrible. I just cringe any time I'm informed a package is coming UPS. A couple of weeks ago UPS delivered a package that was supposed to come to me to an address, similar street name, in a different city. I mean, WTF??? I only knew about it because I got the "Your package was delivered, left at front door" when I was home. So I went to the front door and nothing there. I called and it took them a couple of hours to figure out where it really went. I eventually got it, but the wrong city???

Steve-

I have to agree with you on the USPS comments, regardless of my more recent comments here about how things have bounced from PO location to PO location before making it to my city, especially the PO depot locations in the Atlanta area. In recent months it's just been down right crazy. BUT, that has been an exception.

In my years of running Point 39 Productions (about 14 years), I shipped thousands and thousands of videotapes to every state in this country, all the Canadian provinces, and about 15-16 foreign countries around the world. In all that time, I think I had maybe 2-3 tapes that just 'never showed up' at the customer's address. And one of those said their mail box was at the end of a long dirt road and it was not uncommon for things to get stolen from it. Additionally, there were a couple of tapes that just plain got crushed in shipment that I had to replace for the customer.

But, when I started the business I would never have believed that in all those shipments the loss rate would have been so very, very low. Everyone complains about the PO (I do too sometimes), but in reality they really do a great job.

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970