Thread: Coaster Plans
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2021, 06:01 PM
rocket dinosaur

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tab28682
Bringing this old thread back to life.

Recently retired and now have time to do both RC aircraft and rocketry. Have build building a few new RC RG models as well as a few new Rockets.

I recently ran across the historical references to the Coaster Dynasoar Centauri and decided I needed to build one.

As George mentioned, the original had a number of issues, but I really liked the shape.

I decided to built it as a Depron RC RG, Dynasoar Rocketry and Frank Burke style. A simpler and lighter build which to me looks like it will fly well. I used the correct 2" ID Centuri type body tube and all surfaces are the exact shape of the original with a couple of tiny mods that do not change the overall shape. I did leave off the elevon stops that the original FF version used, as they are not needed on a RC build

The model is basically complete. Waiting on a custom 3D printed nose cone being done by a friend. When that is here, I can finish the fuselage graphics and add the front and side window graphics.

Here is a picture as it stands now, with an Estes PSII 2" nose cone stuck on to make it look more complete. It actually looks better with this cone than the original blunter cone. I decided to decorate the model as a fictional space transport, just for fun, with a shout out to Coaster on it.

looking Good!