View Single Post
Old 03-08-2021, 10:51 AM
Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royatl
So I've confirmed that Ken Montanye passed away after a long illness on January 17. Don't have much else to report. His sister Charlene handled the arrangements, and his long-time companion Vicky Peine has a Facebook page, but neither mention Ken's passing in public posts.

(Jeff Jenkins got a different date from speaking with Vicky. I’ve updated it above. )

As Roy noted, I was able to speak directly with Ken's long-time companion friend, Vicki Peine, today. Vicki confirmed that Ken Montanye died on Sunday, January 17, 2021. Vicki said that Ken had developed several health issues beginning in August 2020 and he continued to get worse. She said that Ken was moved to a care facility, but he continued to lose weight and he suffered from a number of things, including kidney and heart problems. Ken's final wishes were to be cremated. There was no funeral or memorial service. The family has been very quiet about his passing. Even the Butler Museum where Ken worked for such a long time did not know of his passing until much later afterwards. It is sad to see someone go like this.

Vicki did express her appreciation for all the kind words and sentiments expressed on here from the Model Rocket community in remembrance of Ken Montanye. If I find out more, I will attempt to provide an update.

Ken Montanye was 68 years old. His birthday was August 12, 1952.

Kind regards,
Jeff Jenkins
aka: Faithwalker
NAR #46879 SR