View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008, 11:35 PM
Incurable SEMROC Fan

Talking Variation on a Theme: Space Argo-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Pierson
Here is another design I call the Space Argosy which has no pesky paper transitions to deal with. [SNIP] If I were to built this one again however, I would leave more room in the upper ST-20 BT area [for] easier loading of the parachute .
Jim,

I kept that in mind while I was morphing your Argosy into my twisted Argo-C version below. My solution was to use an ST-10 with an EM-10 motor mount, along with longer ST-13 and ST-20 sections. Oh, and you could wrap a Kevlar cord around the ST-10 tube between the two CR-1020's, and stick it through the front one into the parachute compartment.

*Now* I just have to wait for the SEMROCkin' folks to get back from NARAM-50 so I can order fiber CR-1013 and CR-1020 rings, for starters.

(Jim, I twisted Craig's Mini-Loader into a MIDI-Loader, so this time it was *your* turn to be tweaked. ) Leave it to me to get Number 42.

Again, a giant tip of the hat to That State with the Space Needle, from the Planet of Giant Potatoes ("Mu-Tater!"),

Cheers,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Space_Argo-C_01_B.JPG
Views: 193
Size:  167.9 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Space_Argo-C_02_A.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  80.0 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Space_Argo-C_03_A.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  101.4 KB  
Attached Files
File Type: rkt Space_Argo-C.rkt (91.5 KB, 145 views)
File Type: tif Space_Argo-C_01_B.TIF (178.7 KB, 192 views)
Semroc SAM #0029
NAR 86131

"I think about organizing things all the time. Never seems to happen. I find something that piques my interest and I'm off on a quest. Or a Centuri. "

--Bill Eichelberger, 02/22/2022

“Centuri fret buzz in an updated form.”
Bill “Wallyum” Eichelberger re: Estes Flutter-By
03 Sept 2014