View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 12:08 PM
rocket dinosaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Kaplow
"OH, oh I'm sorry, but this is abuse.
M: Oh, I see, well, that explains it.
Q: Ah yes, you want room 12A, Just along the corridor."

well, how else should I phrase it. I recognize the fact that BalckShire saw what he saw and I accept that as true; I just posted how GHS wrote about what he saw. Its entirely possible taht both BlackShires memories and GHS writings are both true as the Mini-bird could very well have undergone several iterations at various times in its history.

And I hate to say this, but it is true, GHS mis-reported a number of things several times in his writings; things that just don't make any sense, when you talk to other people who were there. I attribute this sorely to memory laspes like i have sometimes when I try to provide historical info and I post from memory instead of digging out the proper documents and paraphrasing from them. I strive to be as accurate as I can be and I also have striven to actually contact these people and get their own "memories" of events.

One thing I found is a lot of people we (well perhaps only me) look up to in the modle rocketry hobby from days gone past, they really didn't think too much about their contributions of their places in modle rocketry history.

Most had moved on to bigger and better stuff in their lifes and careers and their view of their roles in model rocketry were often considered minor in their own minds.

terry dean