View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 10:36 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPMcGraw
I think "V" down looks better, Bill.

Here's a thought -- Take those 10.5 mm Apogee tubes, and cut them about 3/16" thick, then round out one side to match the contour of the main tube. Think Centuri SSV here...

Use them to accentuate the body tube for things like docking hatches, or other sensor platforms, and detail them with strips of either styrene plastic or cardstock...

For those cannons, use SEMROC's long launch lugs with fiddly bits of paper, cardstock, or styrene strips. I think the diameters of the lugs are more proportioned for use as cannons; use the larger 3/16" or 1/4" diameter lugs for shields and shrouds around the cannon barrels...

I was kind of thinking of using the Apogee tubes, two launch lugs and a dowel for the cannons. This is a Warlord. It has to have BIG guns.
I'm having trouble visualizing what you suggested for the 10.5mm tubes. Pretend you're explaining it to a seven year old with the attention span of a fly. Do you mean the SSV Scorpion?

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Marauder, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Centuri Mini Dactyl Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II, Xarconian Cruiser Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark