Thread: Rocket Doctor
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2007, 10:44 AM
Custom Cone, Kit & Decal Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwmzmm
Speaking of the many products made in China nowadays, I just read an eye opener article
a few days ago about the slave like conditions the workers have to endure there. I certainly
hope the kits and other products made for Estes aren't done under the same or similar
conditions. If so, it may be time to make our power felt and "pull the plug" by abstaining
from buying Estes kits and/or any model rocket kits that has the "Made in China" tag. Maybe the current Estes corporation will have to just make do on manufacturing and selling
BP engines, since those are still "Made in the USA."

To be proactive, it might be necessary for SEMROC to consider ramping up plans to start
making and marketing BP motors in case Estes has to increase the prices on theirs should
there be a mass "melt down" on the sales of their kits.

The kits currently offered by the "mom and pop" vendors (you know who I'm talking about)
have the quality and feel of the products we want and desire. And, they're made in the USA.

Estes is going down the dark path. I'm trying not to stir up trouble.

Let's just say I won't have to stir up trouble. When water boils it sort of stirs itself.

It will be said by others, you don't need to hear it from me.

http://sandmandecals.com/