View Single Post
Old 01-13-2007, 11:34 PM
Junior ??? Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Pierson
More Parts Carl, Please.

I would like to see PNC from Semroc.
We have checked into molds for nose cones. The best price I could find was $5K per nose cone! When I mentioned that to Bill Stine, he said I could get those in China for about $800. I mumbled that it did not look like we would be doing nose cones. I refuse to deal with China. I think I am too old to start trying to get along with them now.
/rant

We have done some work with resin cones using roto-casting. They work well, but are very labor-intensive. We are working on a resin cast nose cone similar to the PNC-50K, but it is not a high priority.

Quote:
I would also like a little design variety as well using some hollow Transitions.
We have done the BTC-55Z and are working on the BTC-70HZ that are hollow balsa.

Quote:
What about a Semroc tube marking guide. Well at least have a small aluminum or brass angle stock.
We do have a plastic angle we use with Scout groups, but it is not online. We are thinking of providing fin marking rings like Estes used to provide on some kits.

Quote:
What I really need access to buy is a 3/16" x 48" Maxi-Rod for those design that just won't take to a diet well.
When we do launch equipment, that will be added. The SLS series really needs that.
NAR#4717 L2
semroc.com