View Single Post
Old 06-04-2020, 08:16 PM
Apollo Nut

Unfortunately, the screw eye is missing from the kit. It and the launch lug. But, page one of the instruction set does call out the SE-1, which the 1970 Estes catalog says is one inch long weighing .04 oz.

Let me see if I can grab the kit real quick and get the info on the shock cord (it is quarter inch wide, I just don’t know how long) and the parachute...pretty sure it is the yellow and red, probably 18” and I’m pretty positive it has the pre-Damon logo.

I’ll edit this same post once I verify.

Earl

Edit: Ok, chute is 18”, yellow and red, pre-Damon logo. Shock cord is nominal 1/4 material 18.25” long. Will do the scans you mentioned via emai probably tomorrow sometime. Oh, and I reverified wooden dowel length: definitely 1” long. It does appear that Estes goofed on that material since that is not enough to put a full length of dowel under each length of launch lug fore and aft. If I were building this back in the day and were confronted with this, I would probably have cut the dowel exactly in half and centered that under each 5/8” length of launch lug...OR...I might have simply cut each launch lug piece to .5” to match the amount of dowel I had to put under it.

ELC
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970