View Single Post
Old 07-05-2006, 07:02 PM
BARCLONE Rocketry

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Pierson
Great design Craig, and so much for the "low point" of your designing. That monster design just went on my build pile. Great idea with the center reference tube as well, but thats cheating.

Lately I have built the Neptune Lander and test flew it on an 1/2 A3T-2. Rocksim said it would fly to 80' even with some design changes. I was rather disappointed when it only went to 40' and I had to duck and cover from the thing. I think that I must be building heavier than the program says. I would have flown on the reccomended motor of A10T-3 but the local store was out. In the future I plan on building/simming with lighter paper transitions and centering rings for these 13mm designs.

PS. I have had no comments on the Tri-Magnum build thread and was wondering if I have done a bad thing, stolen someone's design, or just too wierd?? Your input would be appreciated.

Thanks Again, JP

James Pierson
NAR #77907

No answer on the Tri-Magnum design, James. Maybe everyone just figures it should go into this thread...

I'm glad you're testing out more of your own designs, though. I don't have enough time to finish most of mine, much less actually go fly them! The school where I like to fly is having "summer school" sessions, so the weekday flight time is out for now...

I'm going to add the CSL Lightfoot to my build pile, too. Might have to add some fiddly bits for detailing before working up the PDF. I need to come up with a really good decal sheet for it, too.

On the Neptune Lander, check the weights of all the components carefully. The problem is more likely that the material you used to build your prototype with has different weight properties than the RockSim database shows. The Lander is such a small model that a change in component weight can throw the model out of balance, or just be heavier than the recommended motor can handle.

BARCLONE Rocketry -- http://barclone.rocketshoppe.com
BARCLONE Blogsite -- http://barclone.wordpress.com
BARCLONE Forum -- BARCLONE Forum

BARs helping BARs

SAM 0044
AMA 352635