View Single Post
Old 07-06-2008, 10:05 PM
Got it bad BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPMcGraw
Great, Geoffrey! That really gives me the incentive to finish building up my copy. I have the body parts, just not the fins. Be sure to show me what you changed!

I'll post the plan on the blog tonight.

Sorry, I did not mean for it to sound like I changed the rocket, only the paint scheme.

I extended the black color on the mid fins onto the tube as well. It is now a black strip going from one mid fin to the other. It seemed as though the white body tube needed some kind of color break and that was a convienent place to do it.

However, in my frantic, late night build session, as the norm, I did not read the RockSim parts list correctly. I cut a slew of launch lugs to length and glued them together in pairs. Then marked off the distance from the base of the rocket and started to glue them to the body tube. I was quite supprised when I ran out of the number of tubes called for on the file and was still only about halfway around the body tube.

After rereading the file, I realized that I had used 1/8 lugs instead of what was called out.

Since the others were all ready attached, I just continued to add more of the smaller ones until they went all around. To tell the truth, I think they look better since they don't stick out as far. They are more compact and look like some kind of radiator. I painted them silver to accent the look. It also gave me a convenient place to put the actual launch lug to clear the nose cone section. Worked out great!!

Hope you don't mind the change.

P.S. The nose cone itself is red. Doesn't look it in the photo.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Star Ranger full view.JPG
Views: 105
Size:  175.1 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Star Ranger bottom half.JPG
Views: 106
Size:  254.6 KB  

NAR 85416 L3 as of 4/2010

"There is never enough rope to do the job but it is always long enough to hang yourself up with problems"