View Single Post
Old 09-16-2020, 04:21 PM
Scale Modeler Extrodinare

Quote:
Originally Posted by heada
I have both the Sheri's Sat V and the LOC Sat V. Of the 2, LOC is the better kit. Sheri's has more detail parts (nozzles, tower, capsule, etc) but none of the detail is all that good. The resin parts have bubbles in them and the actual detail is "meh" LOC parts are much better and has a standard option for an av-bay but none of the detail parts and the LOC tower/capsule is horrible.

Sheri's was sold as 2x 29mm which is woefully under-powered because she/he were not HPR certified so the most they could do was 2x G80. She did give the option to swap to whatever MMT you wanted. I picked 54mm. The LOC comes standard 5x 54mm but I picked 1x 75 & 4x 38mm. I think 5x 54mm loaded up with 5x K250 motors would be a sight to see.

I also have the LOC kit - although I've not started to build it yet. I picked up the LOC in large part to be a replacement for the Sheri's Saturn - since I fly it regularly I figure eventually something bad will happen to it (this is my second Sheri's Saturn V - the first was written off after the previously mentioned J275W case failure). My disappointment with the LOC kit is that nearly complete lack of scale detail - the Sheri's Saturn details may be of so-so quality, but at least they're there. In fact, when I do build the LOC Saturn, I will likely use the Sheri's as a baseline for adding the scale details (the full size drawing that came with the Sheri's kits is a nice touch for adding the details).