View Single Post
Old 03-17-2022, 08:58 AM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkB.
Druziv:

So a picture was requested. Here you go.

But I thought the group would like to see the other artifact: From an eBay rescue group I got last year: a short body, two-piece fin, balsa nose, stand-off lug, Cherokee-D now in the restoration pile. No chute, no shock cord but it will fly again. I enjoy deep-diving the old posts on this site and there is a surprising amount of data on Cherokee-Ds which I confess to never having given much thought. I was reading through them and then I remembered I had this out in the pile and sure enough . . . . So apparently, this is a very rare beastie to have survived over 50 years.

The new build is coming along. I'll seal the fins over the next few days and then it's ready for paint.

Very cool. I'm bummed that the number of worthwhile eBay lots has dropped off precipitously in the past couple of years. This is a great find.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Mini Dactyl Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Marauder, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Groonie Der V 1/2