View Single Post
Old 01-13-2021, 02:53 PM
Apollo Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
Don't get excited and bid without noting the $40.22 shipping charge. I can handle $40, but $40.22 is insane!

It seems Ebay's shipping calculator is just plain nuts sometimes. I won something a week or so ago that was quoting something like $34 to ship from FL to GA. It was an early 80s Centuri starter set shrink wrapped, one I did not have, but it was not a huge box by any stretch. Even the seller mentioned that he might have to 'adjust' (i.e., 'correct') the final shipping charges, since ebay was not doing such a good job at it. After I won it I sent him (them) a note about the shipping charges and after their final check with the PO, they were able to take $10 off that.

In the past year or so Ebay's 'listed' shipping charges (which, sadly, many sellers tend to go by) has gone up quite a bit just in my seat-of-the-pants reckoning. I don't sell on eBay, so I don't know all the ends and outs from that side of things, but the shipping charges are crazy sometimes. Other sellers though are still very reasonable in the shipping charges.

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970