View Single Post
Old 02-09-2021, 08:47 PM
SPEV/Orion wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl
Ok, yeah, 1960 would seem about right. I recalled Bob’s posts on the Enertek, MRC, Quest stuff, I was just not really sure what he may have done between Centuri (ended 1983, though not sure Bill was there until the very end) and Enertek, which would have been germinating around ‘87 or so.

In an event, Bill has worked for/with many of the major model rocket companies from the first 60 years of the hobby. I suspect however even he did not envision four years ago that he would be working at Estes in Penrose as of 2018!

Earl

I think the time between Quest and Estes has been spent buying anf flipping houses in the Phoenix area, with Bill doing the fixing up and his wife doing the buying and selling. It sounds like he still lives in Phoenix on the weekends. I talked to his sister Connie at NARAM-60 and she said he's never been happier. And if you get to see the Estes Tour from NARCON, that last question in the Q&A ("how long did it take for you to decide to take the job at Estes" -- short answer, 24 hours, long answer -- it's the culmination of things), you need to watch his whole answer. It was a great way to end the conference. You can spend the $25 now and get access to it until March 1 or take your chances and see if they post it on youtube or something after (will the tours make it?).