View Single Post
Old 03-17-2023, 11:14 AM
Sometimes collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEC
You know, I don’t know. It’s been a long time since I’ve flown it. And it’s down deep enough in the built-models storage that I don’t really want to dig it out to see if there are even static ports in it for an altimeter.

Here are kit pics of the one I had it the stash. I had to shrink the front side one down even though at my end it reported being less than 2 MB.

Are you sure there were slotted-tube ones from North Carolina? If so that would have had to be a relatively recent change, as part of the point of the My Boid was that you didn’t know which nose cone or which fins you’d get, and I can’t imagine Carl would have made up a bunch of tabbed variations of fin sets just for My Boid kits.

Now when Randy redid it for a 13mm motor mount and the fiber fins, adding the slots made some sense.

In case someone stumbles on this thread, there are pictures of a North Carolina Boid with fin slots here from 2011: http://www.semroc.com/Store/scripts...ts.asp?SKU=KA-6.

I agree it would have been a big effort to add the tabs to the laser cutting files! It is so far not known when the change was made between 2005 and 2011.