Thread: CMR Pirate
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2020, 07:08 PM
Officially Middle-Aged Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEL
So: I've acquired the parts I didn't have (turns out, all I had were the tubes) for this build. Thanks to Dan W. for the transition and others who offered to help. While I'm waiting for the parts to arrive, I twiddled around in Open Rocket to try and figure out tube lengths, fin patterns etc. (Still looking for Instructions and fin tracings if anyone has them). This is what I came up with below. I'll tweak it as needed when I have all the parts. (I also ordered a digital Scale to use for this build)

Playing around in Open Rocket again with the Pirate. The tube lengths are guesstimates, the transition and nose cone measurements are from what I have on hand, and the fin dimensions are the best I could come up with from the catalogue drawings. Depending on the time of day and whatever mood I happen to be in at the time, the fins sometimes look like they have a bit of a rearward sweep, so I've twiddled them out with both a 90 degree trailing edge and a something-or-other degree sweep - both sets look like they may be a little long in the span. I'll cut some out later this evening and do a dry fit, see how they look. Both files are below, comments are welcome
Attached Files
File Type: ork CMR_Pirate_2.ork (2.1 KB, 14 views)
File Type: ork CMR_Pirate_Swept_2.ork (2.0 KB, 11 views)
SAM #0031