View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 06:41 PM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by zielijo1
Hi, this is a Centuri kit, built maybe 20 yrs ago. It has the plastic wraps not paper. I will fly for anniversary but using a D12. Can you clarify the separate Centuri way. The Estes capsule separation was at the tower/ capsule?
I can do a 3 C6 cluster but the summer camp w kids may not be too savvy, plus I haven’t flown one in years, unless there is a guaranteed igniter setup

I read a post where they converted the engines to use the display nozzles but can only find the pics not the thread.
I also can’t figure how to attach pics here
Thanks, I’m scheduled to fly next week
Joe

The original Estes K-36 separates at the capsule. The Estes #2001 (paper shrouds) separates at the same place as your Centuri kit, as does the latter Estes #2157 and #1969 kits (plastic shrouds).

Stick with the single D12-3 (if that's how it is built) for the demo launch at summer camp. It will look good, lift off slower (more scale like) and the kids can see the ejection better. If it's built as a cluster, you don't have much choice, either 3 C6's or 3 B6's. Make sure you use a good 12v ignition source and check your igniters before installing them.