View Single Post
Old 09-29-2019, 11:06 AM
BP Mafia

Flight #8 was my favorite of the day, the two stage Estes Taser Twin. I think this may have been a Wal-Mart exclusive back around 2009, because I remember picking it up while taking my son to an interview for an internship right before he graduated. Pretty nice design, reminiscent of the Astron Apogee, but with Estes Sky Hook fins on the sustainer. It turned out very nice with the catalog paint scheme, but the lack of A8-0 and A8-5 motors locally meant that I never got a chance to fly it at B6-4 Field. I had initially planned to go C6-0/C6-7 on the larger eRockets Field, but C6-7s aren't available, so I went B6-0/B6-6. Wow. Was I ever glad that I went with that combo. Staging seemed to happen early, around the 100' level. The sustainer arced back over the flightline, over the road, and over the bar across the road on the B6-6. We'd never have seen a C flight. Despite the deep arc over the road behind us and the streamer recovery, the sustainer still made a valiant effort to reach the corn on the opposite side of the soccer fields. Impressive all around.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  image-estes-taser-twinjpg-900-600-095919065718301.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  53.7 KB  

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Marauder, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc - Starfighter Scorpion Centuri - Mini Dactyl Estes - F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II, Xarconian Cruiser Semroc - Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark