View Single Post
Old 01-14-2021, 11:33 PM
7/21/61

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
So true, Bernard.
Thanks again !
Notice I did not say there is anything wrong with being a Hoardaq !

Hahaha, I agree.

With regard to the original question I thought I'd share a bit about the most amazing collection I've ever seen. A few of us have been helping Matt with the Jonathan Dunbar collection. Unbelievably huge, probably thousands of items. The rocket kits are all stored in large plastic bins, all horizontal. Some amazingly rare items and nothing appears damaged by horizontal storage. Definitely way thicker than 2 or 3 deep, LOL.

No inventory, and definitely enough stuff to be considered hoarding, but Jonathan had amazing taste. Absolutely no garbage items and very few unremarkable kits. Just astonishing.

In the year before he passed I had the opportunity to chat frequently with Jonathan about collecting. James Duffy, who collects nothing, always asks me "whats the end game?' regarding collecting. Clearly, Jonathan really had no end game other than really enjoying collecting cool rocketry and space stuff, just for the joy of collecting it. And clearly, he had no fear about storing stuff. The way the items are looking coming out of those containers I'd have to say that unless you put something really heavy on top of them, they do just fine stored horizontally.

Steve