View Single Post
Old 11-09-2020, 10:47 PM
The_Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
Excellent blog post Bill
That first blue sky picture behind your Maxi Streak kinda says it all. Beautiful day. After this hurricane season I’ll take a blue sky any day!

So, first thing I do with one of your new blog posts is rush to scroll through and look at all the pretty pictures. I couldn’t wait to get back to your black and yellow Vaughn Brothers VB Extreme until I went back to actually read the text and saw it was an HL exclusive Estes Vapor
What a nice looking bird, very sleek.

Wow a Red Max on the pad next to your Super Neon XL and it’s not yours ... what’s up with that?

+1 to what Erik said love the Pershing that was also flown at the launch. When I was in high school a buddy of mine built and flew his Estes Pershing on a D12-3. That launch was more of a controlled lob than a flight. Looks like the E20W flight went great. I wouldn’t consider [risk] a D12-3 flight on a beautiful rocket like that if it were mine.

Funny you mention the Semroc Lil’ Hustler as a sentimental favorite for #200. My Lil’ Hustler is a sentimental favorite too. It’s the oldest SLS rocket in my collection that is still flyable after all these years. When I pick it up and hold it in my hands it’s like a little tank. So solid with the LT thick walled tubing and thru-the-wall fins. I’ve dropped it fast on two high altitude flights with a streamer [not recommended] but I couldn’t chance losing it. I love mine. I have a surface crack between two fins I need to post about one day. You guys with the eBay rescue rockets and repairs could probably suggest the best way to repair mine. It was painted with old Krylon that I no longer have so I don’t want to mess it up either. It’s actually on the bench waiting for that repair so I can fly it in the spring
SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Paint & Detail: USR Banshee
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
🚀 In Repair: SLS Lil’ Hustler, SLS Aero-Dart 1969 Trim
🚀 Stay Tuned For Fall 2021 Launch Dates