View Single Post
Old 05-27-2019, 10:43 PM
Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rktman
BTW Teflon, that sim you did is amazingly accurate given you were working just from the pics I attached. Even your filename (Cubix) happened to be the same as what I settled on calling it. Attached my working sketches w/ dimensions below.

The pictures in your post are named Cubix. I have created simulations from pictures hundreds of times, one of the reasons my avatar is the #1 certified RockSim user. The drawing you posted doesn't seem to be accurate; what is meant by #20 tubing? I used BT-70 for the main body. I based the measurements I made on the fact the picture shows a C11-3 motor installed (with igniter!). What is the distance of the upper fins from one end of the body tube? If you remove the upper box fins, (should be an easy fix) you get a cool looking tractor design that will fly stable see attached files. A box kite does not fly with its box panels at the angle of attack you used in your design, it fly's with the wind hitting the panels close to a right angle and from their corners.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Cubix Mods Sim.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  183.2 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Cubix Mods 3D.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  189.7 KB  
Attached Files
File Type: rkt Cubix-mods.rkt (76.2 KB, 11 views)
Bruce S. Levison, NAR #69055