View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 07:45 PM
Junior ??? Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark II
I used the designer to upscale two nose cones and a transition. I saved them all in the public directory. One of the nose cones shows up twice, because I renamed it. BC-22547 and BC-22548 are the very same cone. Using Semroc nose cone numbering, BC-22548 is the more accurate name for it. It is a 175% upscale of the nose cone that I used for my FSI Maverick repro. The BR-225275 adds the missing and much-needed ( ) LT-225 to LT-275 transition. The BNC-80HEO is a 197% (roughly 200%) upscale of the nose cone that I used for my Eos repro. (This scale-up is gonna be big!) I very much want to get all three parts made, because they directly relate to projects that I am about to start. Just one more transition to add and then I'll be all set.

I followed Carl's suggestion to do the upscales; I simply multiplied every number in the designer for each part by the scale factor, and when I hit Refresh, by golly, there it was each time. Doing the calculations by hand before entering them in was no big deal. The one minor issue that I have with the Designer is that there is no way to exit back to the home page from it. I had to close the tab in my browser and then reload the Semroc Home page in a new tab in order to see my parts in the Custom Parts List. Oh, yeah, and also the lack of an "Add to cart" button.

In the works are:
1. Delete part.
2. Rename part.
3. Scale part from one Series to another Series (like Mark did, but without the math)
4. Lock part (finalize and release the part so no more changes can be made)... then
5. Add part to cart.
6. Back to home page.
7. View catalog (and return) from designer page.
8. Ability to search and filter entire catalog on catalog page (all public including Semroc)
9. Insert a section and delete a section.
10. Calculate tool travel to eliminate impossible-to-cut possibilities.
11. ... other suggestions!

Thanks for all your work wringing this out.
NAR#4717 L2
semroc.com