View Single Post
Old 01-04-2007, 11:46 AM
Junior ??? Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by billspad
Unless you've got a way to undercut Estes on price on A8-3, B6-4, and C6-5's I think you should concentrate on motors that are different at first. I'll bet a 13mm B would be popular and if you can get a reliable black powder F or an E that has more power than the E9 there will be dancing in the streets. I think someone has mentioned that the cored B's and C's would fill a void.
We will have to have a complete line, including those popular three. We are not trying to undercut Estes just as we are not trying to undercut them on nose cones or body tubes. We are just trying to fill a much smaller market with a complete line. We are at the mercy right now of Estes and Quest not discontinuing any more engines. Those three primary engines will work with many current kits, but they limit the creativity of designs that need something different.

The 10-18mm engines will be much earlier than the larger engines. Basically, the larger machine would be capitalized from sales from the smaller machine. We have presented the entire proposed family for input and to see if we have missed any holes before we start the EX procedure.
NAR#4717 L2
semroc.com