View Single Post
Old 10-20-2005, 02:25 PM
AL Swackhammer , power freak

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaquin
No problems here and I'm using Mozilla Firefox 1.0.7

Taras told me that he is still working on the site.

Now if I could just get my hands on that T263-29 .....

not sure what the 'issue' is with my browser then, this is the only site I;ve noted that it acts up on .

as for the T263-29 ( ie: 2650 clone ) .... sounds like fun :-)

I had a US Rockets Hi-Test 2650 back when, flew good on F100's,F50's (SSRS), etc... best flight was a 'no-payload section' flight on three ACS / Reaction labs G72-10 - absolutely rocked :-) .... lost it, but was found nearby by an elderyl lady in her back yard , real friendly couple,too, we went and picked up the bird and chatted with em a while,etc :-)

lost that one at LDRS-6 on, again without payload section, three Aerotech G65-15's - never seen again.
got a call later that it was found miles and miles away (guy claims like 20 miles, but I think he;s mistaken where we launched form or somehting, of coure, since the launch site was at 10,000 feet plus, and the rocket thermalled over the mountains (few thousand feet higher, I'd guess ).. possible it travelled 20 miles back towards Colorado Springs / Denver ?

guessing,especially in the thin air, that 390 nsec would put a lightweight 2650 (2 - 2 1/2 lbs ?,not sure ).. say 5500 feet ?

always wondered about the validity of the claimed distance.....

~ AL