Thread: First Motors
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 07:16 PM
Retired Missile Technician

Mr. Doug Sams asked:

"You first asked us what _we_ wanted. "What would you like SEMROC to provide first?" Later, you asked a different question: "What should SEMROC offer to the (unwashed) masses...?"

Quite right, Doug. I guess that I was asking the first question as "we" being an advisory body to SEMROC, based on their list of possible motors. The second question was because "we" would be a small, fringe market that could not justify the investment in time, money, blood, sweat, and tears (going down gambling...). What should they produce that would give them a niche, but qualifying market? There have been some great comments here and my only reason for starting this thread was to stimulate discussion so that Carl and Bruce had some inspiration. Not only does the machine have to be successfully developed, but casings, BP, clay, etc. has to be purchased and stored. As we know, the motors will have to "cure" after manufacture to dry out the wet-pressed propellant.

Since we are not privy, and need not be, to the volume of kit sales and the list of SEMROC clients, it is difficult for any of us to judge their potential sales volume. Motors tested and certified by the NAR, a larger advertisement budget...all details.

I apologize for seeing "we" as a flexible parameter.

B14's and shorts....

Chas