View Single Post
Old 05-25-2005, 10:33 PM
Incurable SEMROC Fan

Talking "Now, can you do this..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPMcGraw
Send a TIF image of just that name decal, at 300 dpi and at the full-size that you want it to be on the rocket. Clip around the name image with only a little clear space around the edges [nothing fancy, just make it a rectangular decal a little taller and a little wider than the name itself].
Yeah, I can do that. I just need to decide how big I want the name. I was trying to figure out how to make a "halo" around the letters to help them stand out against the darker colors.

Quote:
I'll look around and see if I can find something Greek to match up with it. I'm thinking about a fin decal here. I'll throw in a shamefully gratuitous BARCLONE logo for good measure. Then, I'll "package" it all up and shoot the whole thing over to Scott.
I've been thinking in terms of a (left) human hand holding a flaming torch, with the flames trailing backward. Unfortunately, that seems to work on the right-hand side of the name, and not really so much for the fins, given their slightly unusual shape.

But I *am* likin' the idea of the gratuitous BARCLONE logo.

Quote:
Do you think we need any special instructions for this model? It really looks straightforward to build, maybe even qualifying as an upper Skill Level 1, borderline Skill Level 2.
I can throw something together. It's not really complex (for those of us who are "Experienced" ), it's just a slightly unusual combination of pieces. And the Skill Level 1-2 rating is probably right on.

Well, I'd better get cracking.

Cheers,

--Jay