View Single Post
Old 02-11-2021, 02:04 AM
Contest, Sport, it's all good......

Forgot to point out a "fun" thing about the Little Joe-II STA number ZERO point, or STA 0.00. It really and truly is at the "top" of the Little Joe-II launch vehicle. But I do not mean the tip of the Apollo escape tower. I mean the interface point between the Little Joe-II itself, and the base of the "Apollo" portion. Except for QTV, there was a 10 to 15" adapter ring first, then Service Module and the rest of Apollo. And so, everything above STA 0.00 is negative numbers, while everything below is positive numbers.

But the nice thing is, you do not have to subtract the "Apollo" STA numbers from the Little Joe STA numbers. Just add.

For example, take the STA -633.376 at the tip of the escape rocket nose in the A-002 drawing, and add that to the STA 350.0 at the base of the Little Joe-II body, and it adds up as 983.376.

NOT a length of -283.376 which you'd get if you used the negative value at the tip.

And see, I just defined a dimension that is not on the above drawing, but the STA number easily lets you generate it. Which, again, is why STA numbers are so useful. To define a distance from one location to another, that can be too much hassle to get into trying to have a dimension line for everything. As it is, I got a bit creative with some dimension lines branching off with 45 degree doglegs to share common start-end point arrows with other dimension lines.
Georges'CancerGoFundMe:
https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-geo...ay-fight-cancer