Thread: Nasa Sls
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2020, 08:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgegassaway
As I said, hardly any kits have included scale data. So then you post two of the very few exceptions. And even the Little Joe drawing you posted, was not created by Centuri, it was a Convair drawing they threw in since they had it.

And even that drawing does not have fin thickness, a major must-have NAR precision scale requirement. So even that makes it illegal data for NAR scale, since you keep on obsesssing over demanding that model rocket scale kits MUST have NAR-legal dimensioned scale data JUST to be called a SCALE model.

Let me know when you find the NAR-legal dimensional scale data that came with the 1976 Estes Space Shuttle SCALE kit, and Estes BT-70 Little Joe-II, and the other SCALE models on that page I posted from the 1976 catalog along with the shuttle kit. Also the Titan-IV, and BT-60 Mercury-Redstone, to list a few scale kits that could not be scale kits without the kind of NAR contest-legal dimensional data based on your demands for the SLS model to have that data in order to be called "scale".

The Estes SLS model is a scale model no matter what you demand. Regardless of whether it has data you demand, or whether the real thing has flown yet. NAR scale contest rules don't mean spit when it comes to what is or is not a Scale model outside of an actual NAR Scale contest.

Your DEMANDS are ridiculous.

tbzep wrote:

Also, many of the V-2 kits do not have the correct nose cone shape that has a pointy tip. The BT-80 Estes V-2 uses the same nose cone used by the Maxi-Alpha, Phoenix missile, and other BT-80 kits thru the years. It seems a bit too long, yet has a rounded tip. As I had mentioned earlier for some kits that compromise accuracy for various reasons, the use of an existing part like a nose cone rather than to create a new part just for that one new scale kit.

George,

"Lighten up" . . . I am neither "obsessing" over anything, nor am I "demanding" anything !

Remember that YOU were the one the cited the Centuri Little Joe II, half-assed data and all ! I posted the CMR D-Region Tomahawk with its excellent data.

If anything is "ridiculous" here, George, it's the "hyperbole" of your responses !

BTW - For Little Joe II data, the data you have placed online is the best resource for that vehicle !

Dave F.