View Single Post
Old 08-01-2019, 11:36 AM
Almost shovel ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffyjeep
What a coincidence! I just finished mine also--except I assembled it incorrectly. (can you spot the flaw?)

After shooting the entire model with gloss white "The Vixen" hand painted the Dunklegrun, Zinc Chromate Green, and Gunship gray sections.

After comparing your photos with my build I see that you attached the trailing edge of the "wings" incorrectly. During my own build I noticed a conflict between Shrox's pictorials and text. The engine mount was shown as flush with a junction point in the trailing edge of the wings. which would require a 5/8" projection of the engine mount rather than the 1/4" projection as called for in the text. I emailed Doug for a clarification and he said to go ahead and make it 5/8" rather than 1/4", which I did.

The biggest problem I had with this build was with the painting which required a ton of careful masking to accommodate the seven colors of paint. The build might have been level three but the painting was an S.O.B. !

Did you construct yours from Doug's original plan set as a "scratch build" or buy the Apogee kit?