View Single Post
Old 06-02-2017, 02:52 PM
Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpJet
Since I started this thread I thought I would give you an account of the models I made and how they flew this past weekend at NSL.

My 100+" tall duration model won the event only because I believe no other adult got off a successful flight. I very young girl there won her age division and kicked my butt time wise.

The Battle Star Galactica Viper won the mid power upscale contest and put in a perfectly straight boost and gently landing.

Either my Upscale QCC Explorer or Upscale Goblin won the High Power upscale event. I didn't hear which model it was when they made the announcement. Between these three wins I received a $175.00 in gift certificates. I redeemed the $100.00 one with Chris Rocket Supplies at the field and brought home three new DMS H motors and some rail buttons.

My Maxi Brute V2 flew well on a Dark Star F motor, and yes I had permission to fly a non certified motor at the event.

My Door Knob flew great on an Estes F15-4.

My large E BG put in two good flights on E9-4 motors but I still need to trim it more since it flies in a too tight of a circle.

My mini Scissor Wing Transport put it two PERFECT flights lasting each around 30 seconds. Perfect boost and perfect glide on both flights.

Not sure if I mentioned this or not but I flew my original prototype of the Estes SLV at NSL with a core E9-8 motor and 5 C6-7 motors. The C motors kick out at ejection. I told whomever retrieved it could keep it. I in fact gave 5 or 6 models away this way, which gave me more time to fly models. I even gave away my 101.5" duration model.

I may have missed a flight or two but I know for sure I flew 21 flights with 19 different models at NSL.

John Boren

Congratulations! wish I could have been there.