Thread: ACE Mongrel
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2020, 02:13 PM
Apollo Nut

Back in 2001 for my LDRS-20 video (held at Lucerne Dry Lake, CA), I had gotten in touch with Warren Sisco who had attended LDRS-1 and who had shot some 8mm home movie footage (footage as in real 'film'...not 8mm video) of the event.

Warren loaned his footage to me and I had it digitally transferred and I worked selected highlights of the footage into the LDRS-20 production as a 'look back' to the very first LDRS event and how it contrasted with the state of the art as of LDRS-20. I also interspersed some interview footage I had shot with Chris at LDRS-19 in Orangeburg, SC, where I had Chris talk about that first LDRS and his founding of the LDRS launch series.

The home movie footage, as that type footage typically goes, is not the best and is overexposed in a number of places. But, overall it does seem to capture the flavor of the event and may be the only 'motion picture' footage of the event. The inclusion of the clips in the LDRS-20 video was the first time anyone outside of Warren and maybe a few others had seen the footage.

Attached is a frame grab from one of those clips. It appears to be an Ace Mongrel, best I can tell, and maybe it is the one Heidi is holding in the group shot. If so, it appears it DOES have a black nose cone.

Earl
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  LDRS-1 Frame Grab.png
Views: 52
Size:  523.8 KB  
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970