View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 09:11 PM
Master Modeler

The Zooch kit is a great place to start. I agree with Bravo. As far as scale accuracy, I'm not sure what people are expecting out of a $25 kit, but it looks an awful lot like a Saturn V to me! If you are into scale competition, then build from one from scratch, and you'll have nobody to blame but yourself if it's not 100% accurate! I'm currently working on the Saturn press kit and it's been going together much easier than anticipated. It fits together like a jigsaw puzzle and very well thought out, however, I wouldn't necessarily call it a beginner kit. I have both the Estes and Apogee kits as well. I'll probably get to the Estes later rather than sooner, but I look forward to the build as I've always wanted to take a mulligan on that one since I screwed up my first one as a kid. The vacuum form fins have me a little nervous and I may opt for the Sirius/Moldin Oldies resin parts, but we'll see. I have a couple other ideas first. The Apogee kit is handed down and was partially built when I got it. I still haven't brought myself to complete it, but I hope to do so some day. It's huge in comparison to the other kits. Lightweight for it's size, but still requires quite a bit of motor to get 'er going safely.