View Single Post
Old 05-05-2006, 09:47 PM
AL Swackhammer , power freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by excelsior_rocketry
Al,

Yes, I bought that lot. I really wanted the motors and built rockets, and planned on selling the kits, so I bid high... once I received them, I found that all three kits were not only open, but the Streak and Farside X are partially assembled, In fact, all the Farside needs are for the fins to be attached. Basically, I paid too much...

Anyway, All the motors are dated 1971, and the kit cards are all from the ESTES/Damon bridge period of 1971-72. The paperwork included the plans and instructions for a Gemini Titan, and a Mini Brute three pack! Unfortunately, only the Mosquito survived.....

Oh well, you win some and lose some.

But, I do have a real liking for old, built up rockets. Especially 'kid built' ALPHAs, with upside down fins and kid paint jobs.....

I was at a family party tonight and will be at a car show all day tomorrow, so I will not get any pics until at least sunday....

Phred

Bummer about the condition, too bad sellers have to mislead buyers to make a sale

Looked like a nice lot actually, if it would have gone lower, I;d have bid myself, for the Farside X, but then when it was opened, too bad....

Should make for some nice birds though, and if the engines were any good ... I know the paperwork alone would resell for a good buck, especially the farside X, since it's considered 'rare' . lol .

Ah well, will keep poking around from time to time, seen some good lots of built-ups but never seem to win any ... my time will come .

~ AL