Old 01-21-2011, 06:50 PM
The_Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEL
Hey Steve,

I forget: Which one of us was laid up?

S.

I had total knee replacement April 2008 so I guess it was my turn that time

That's when I bought the parts from Madcow Rocketry and we compared notes on the Nike-Ram 2 original that I have compared to your "H" version. My buddy still has my original and up until a few years ago was flying it regularly at club launches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
Steve,

Your nose cone is different from mine. AAA shipped my kit with an Estes PNC-80K nosecone.

BTW, I have a AAA Cherokee G also. It shipped with an FSI Black Brant II nosecone.

Come to think of it, I think both AAA kits shipped with FSI nylon chutes.

I didn't have an Estes PNC-80K on hand so I bought both a red and black cone from Madcow. These are very nice cones and quite sturdy. These were molded in color. Strange but looks like Madcow has consolidated some of his cone offerings as I no longer see the red cone on the site. The part numbers I purchased were PNC80K-B and PNC80K-R. I'm pretty sure this one here is the same as my black cone but the part number changed:

http://www.madcowrocketry.com/servl...6K-dsh-B/Detail

AAA shows two paint schemes in the instructions and of course one could always finish it in one of the various EnerJet Nike-Ram schemes. I still haven't fully decided on the cone color but I have the main body white with Valspar red over white on the fins.

SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Paint & Detail: USR Banshee
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
🚀 In Repair: SLS Lil’ Hustler, SLS Aero-Dart 1969 Trim
🚀 Stay Tuned For Fall 2021 Launch Dates