View Single Post
Old 11-12-2018, 11:01 PM
Apollo Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole
John has posted on the other forum. The other Saturn V was briefly shown at the NARAM 60 manufacturers forum. It will be a 1/200 scale model, all molded in plastic and completely painted and ready to fly other then attaching the parachute.

"So the wraps will be new?"

Other then the new injection molded fins that made it into the last release every other piece of plastic is new. There is in fact a completely New plastic item that will make the build much easier while adding more scale detail. The capsule and escape tower are a piece of cake to assemble now. This version should be a more accurate version of the Apollo 11 launch vehicle.

John Boren

I think possibly the "completely new plastic item" John referenced in the quote above is a new spacecraft/lunar module adapter ('SLA') that is a one-piece unit and not the 'curl and glue' paper adapter that has been used historically in the past Centuri and Estes kits of the Saturn V.

Here's a hint: If you have the latest issue of Sport Rocketry magazine (Nov/Dec 2018; mine came sometime last week but I had not looked at it in great detail until earlier this eve), take a look at the full-page Estes ad on the inside front cover. If the graphic of the Saturn V in that ad is in keeping with the upcoming kit release, one can see much more surface detail in the SLA than any prior Centuri or Estes version of this kit. So, possibly the SLA is now a light-weight, one-piece plastic section.

Just a guess to add to the 'speculation' pile....

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970