View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 10:30 AM
BAR

Neat idea, blackshire... thanks for the credit... LOL It was late last night and I had a LLLLOOOONNNNGGGG drive back from Indiana, and I just plain couldn't think of the "Icarus" ship name... didn't even think to look it up online either... I'm just chillin' today...

Good link...
http://aliens.humlak.cz/aliens/alie...fiction_gb.html

Awhile back I was researching the Icarus and came up with several sites, but I'm having trouble finding them now... I know I bookmarked them but one of these days I really need to go in and sort through my bookmarks...

I remember there was an interesting discussion that the Icarus we saw in the original POTA (Planet Of The Apes) movies were actually configured differently than what we saw on screen... including additional booster/descent/landing stages and such that were either "submerged" in the lake shots of the original "Icarus" when Taylor and Co. bailed out in the original movie, or were burned up in "damaged Icarus" shown in the second movie that Brent and "Skipper" landed in the desert in... or jettisoned before reentry or shortly before landing according to the ship seen in the the third movie that Zira, Cornelius, and Milo took back to 20th century Earth... There was even a website that showed a four or five stage "nuclear Saturn V" type rocket that was purportedly used to launch the Icarus and get it up to interstellar speeds...

I'll have to keep checking for those websites and post the links...

Later! OL JR