Thread: Vendor support
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 06:24 AM
U.S. Manned Space Program Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep

She was the internet voice of Sheri's Hot Rockets/CJS Aviation, a kit maker of large scale rockets. People prepaid for kits that were only put together after purchase, so there was usually a considerable period between payment and shipment. She had a pretty good business for a few years, then ended up not filling several orders for individuals and vendors and skipped off to Hawaii. During the whole process, she played the victim on all of the major rocketry forums. Many people defended the damsel in distress. Many defended the jilted customers. Mud was slung in abundance. Genders were questioned. Honor was spelled with a "u". Villages were plundered and burned. Plagues ravaged the land. Blood, carnage, destruction....

In the mean time, the company was sold to Red Arrow Hobbies. AFAIK, they aren't honoring Sheri's debts, but it seems like I read that they may be offering discounted kits to the jilted customers.

BTW, most likely I will be severely beaten and tortured for speaking of the events as I saw them.

That's a fair summary of the events.

One observation: YORF is a pretty quiet forum for the most part, with people acting with civility one to another. I believe that is due in large part because the majority of posters have a more "seasoned" median age than on other forums, and therefore have a "wiser" outlook on life and rockets. But even this topic raised not a little rancor on this forum, which goes to show you how polarizing the whole matter was. And it all seemed to come down to who you believed: the woman or her customers.

It was ugly and I am glad it's over.

Greg