Thread: Saturn V Lamp
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2022, 08:22 PM
Cardstock Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl
I meant to post earlier Mike that the pdf is a great looking file. What is recommended size (diameter) of the stuffer tube shown in the pdf? I have not printed it out to see the size.

Earl

Hi Earl,

Just checked the diameter in AutoCAD: the dia is 0.902908". Not sized for any specific use, was downsized to fit a letter size paper, didn't care about scale, just that it would fit the paper size.

BTW-It is the same rocket that is my avatar-just smaller...Was contacted years ago by someone from Huntsville, AL about doing a 1/12 scale of the Mercury 8 mission. Drawings were supplied to get it to scale as possible.

Then I asked about the Saturn V, at the time did not know about Peter Alway's book, Rockets of the World.

All I could find were crap drawings with bad scale issues.

The person that requested the Liberty Bell, emailed the drawings.

Since my rockets are air powered, not many detail parts can fly, but trying to ink everything at the proper scale and place is a very big challenge.

The Redstone I drew, had rivets, the first that I've added. It was also the test bed for a wind up timer deploy system for my bigger air pressure rockets.

Mike