Thread: Saturn V Lamp
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2021, 02:51 AM
Cardstock Designer

Default Bait and Switch

Don't buy anything from this outfit.

Rocket lamp arrived the day before I left on a 9112 mile roundtrip vacation. Glad I used Paypal to pay for it.

What arrived? A super small Shuttle rocket lamp.

P.O.'d is an understatement. I immediately lodged a complaint with them. No response, next I filed a complaint with Paypal. Later that day I left Alaska for Kittyhawk, NC.

During my travels, did not have access to a computer. Shortly after lodging my complaint with Paypal, they tried to contact me. I did not have internet access while flying my airplane.

Paypal asked for some proof. When I read the email from them, I thought okay, I have thirty days to send in the evidence. Nope, Paypal closed the complaint when I did not respond with my proof.

I get back to Alaska and send in the proof, instantly I get a reply saying the case was closed. Perfect. I look for my refund. No refund. Now I'm really P.O.'D

I ask Paypal chat why. They respond that I didn't send in any proof so they found in the sellers favor. Blood pressure meds probably would not work to lower the pressure.

I told them I was away from a computer for two weeks, and that I had evidence available now that I was back home. I sent it in. I also said to close my paypal account. Within 2-minutes a reply was in my inbox.

Paypal refunded the money as a voucher, said not to send the rocket back. Mentioned that they did not want to lose me as a customer. Been with them since early days of their existence, 1990's.

Result? Got money back and a really cheesy 4" tall shuttle lamp, that is a $1 piece of crap .

Sorry, for posting this as a awesome find. It is not.

I'm not done yet.

They sent it by US Mail. Going to lodge a Bait and switch fraud complaint with the US Mail to see if they can do anything about this outfit.

Betting that the Saturn V was probably just as small, photoshopped onto a photo to make it look bigger.

Hopefully no-one else tried to purchase.

Best regards,
Mike Bauer