View Single Post
Old 02-05-2021, 08:34 PM
NAR #78048 L1 - Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffyjeep
...(BTW, what ever happened to Squadron Green? I can't seem to find it anymore.) ...

TBC

The build is coming along nicely, Jeff.

As for the putty, Squadron changed the formulation some months ago, in an effort to arrive at a finer grained, easier to work with, filler. Something more comparable to Tamiya putty, in my view. Unfortunately, that initial new formula also easily separated in the tube, resulting in quite a mess when you opened the tube and squeezed it. Those complaints led to a further refinement in the putty, and the latest formula is not so bad. Finer grained, dry-sands better than the old stuff, doesn't wet-sand quite as well (in my opinion), and doesn't have the stiffness of the old stuff, which, depending on the application, can be either good or bad. I liked the old white putty, and frankly wish Squadron hadn't messed around with it. Of the latest new versions, I prefer the Gray. There was a new Green one, but briefly - I've not seen it around as of late.

That said, it may all be short-lived. It seems Squadron is shut down, and it's unclear whether this is a temporary shutdown, or permanent. At least I've not been able to arrive at a clear answer. The search for the perfect putty/filler continues...

Back to Jeff's excellent build.
YORF #003
SAM #004