View Single Post
Old 08-29-2019, 10:47 PM
Master Modeler

What can I say, an easy straight forward vintage build. I know this is a simple nothing rocket to most, but for me I am enjoying these vintage builds. Something about the old plastic bag with balsa, plastic and cardboard parts. I will admit, I am not a true BAR or rocketeer, I just enjoy building models of my youth and watching them fly. This includes vintage rockets, vintage balsa airplanes and old Revell, Monogram plastic models. With all these hobbies, what I really enjoy is to build these models like they were built when I was younger. For model rockets I know there are a lot of new techniques and supplies to make building easier to produce a nicer looking rocket, but I want to build like I did when I was younger. I have really enjoyed keeping these builds simple with basic building supplies. When I build these vintage rockets I still follow the instructions with no modifications, using the same supplies I did when I was younger. White all purpose glue, balsa sealer and paint. For this simple rocket I brushed on 3 coats of Brodak balsa sealer and went straight to gloss white with no primer. Tomorrow or Sat I will mask the white and hit the lower portion with gloss green. I am running out of Brodak sealer, hopefully they get there supply shortly, if not I will make the swap to Sig sanding sealer. The one good thing about Sig sealer, I see it at my local hobby stores so I do not have to order online. I did buy a jar and will see how it goes. I am building a Centuri clone to test the Sig sealer on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  DSC_0041.JPG
Views: 20
Size:  409.7 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  DSC_0048.JPG
Views: 42
Size:  386.6 KB