View Single Post
Old 07-31-2005, 09:47 AM
BAR Crazy about der GOBLIN

Send a message via AIM to Thor

The BT60 Upscale Goblin (1.24X) is now finished and ready for flight. I have the decals but havent applied them yet. The BT60 Original scale DER RED MAX is finished and painted except decals. I have decals from PHRED at Excelsior Rocketry for both but when I bought the two MICROSCALE solutions for decal application I found I didnt get the third one that is called for on PHRED's directions. The two I do have are: LIQUID DECAL FILM and MICRO SOL. I am tempted to apply them using only these two solutions. From what I have read I think The first strengthens the decal prior to water soak and applicatons and the second will melt it into the rocket's shape. Any thoughts on this one? Should I go ahead and try one or wait until I get the other bottle that preps the area for the decal. My BIG GOBLIN has been painted over a month and I wonder if I really need the prep solution for it as the paint is a bit aged.
I used the same nose cone, bought two of them, from THRUSTAERO for the BT60 Goblin and the BT60 Der Red Max and I really love the shape. The Upscale Goblin tips the scales at 3 ounces vs 1.75 ounces of my 1X Goblin that I lost. I think it will be a bit safer to fly with a D12-5 as far as recovery is concerned. Here is a pix of the nose cone I used on both these rockets, it is really nice.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Goblin60cone.JPG
Views: 71
Size:  21.0 KB