View Single Post
Old 07-29-2020, 12:40 AM
SPEV/Orion wrangler

The important thing to note is that this camera is NOT married to this nosecone. You can use this camera on any rocket you want to mount it to. I would expect the companies that make shrouds for the 808 cameras to have new mounts available for the Astrocam fairly quickly, and there will probably be 3d printing files available within a few days. The camera by itself (without the end cap) weighs between 7 and 8 grams. The end cap adds maybe a gram if that. Compare that to the one 808 camera I have handy, which comes in at 15 grams.

That segues into commenting that this camera definitely in the 808 camera lineage. Date Time stamp is in the lower left corrner, and is set by editing a Time.txt file in the root folder of the SD card, then turning the camera on and off to set the internal clock.

It is a daylight-balanced camera. It doesn't really perform well indoors. I won't waste your time or space with a video here until I can get out in the yard tomorrow. Sound is ok, with a little baseline pink noise. not bad.

I do notice some wave patterns running top to bottom. This may be because I tested it within three feet of my desktop computer, or it may be an artifact of its problem in low light. Or maybe I'm seeing 60hz from one of the light bulbs.