Thread: Here Ya Go, Gh
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2021, 04:38 PM
Apollo Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
Update: the seller was an older lady that knows nothing about rocket motors.
She is refunding $50, which is reasonable.

That is a bummer, it sounds like an honest mistake on the part of someone who just did not know completely what she was dealing with. However...she should have checked the motor tube labels a bit more closely.

I had a similar situation a few weeks ago with some vintage Xacto #10 blade packs. Seller listed ten packs of #10 blades. Packs looked very clean and vintage. Needed them for my Centuri-carried Xacto stock (I had only a pack or two of those blades and wanted a few more).

Well, I won the bid for about $35 and got the blades about two weeks later. Turns out there were only about five packs of #10 blades; all the others were the much more common #11 blades, which I already had plenty of. On top of that, the five packs of #10 blades were not all full, either. I wound up with the equivalent of four full packs of #10 blades.

Bottom line, the seller just did not look really close at all the packs to see if they were ALL #10 blades. I sent them a message back saying that in the future they REALLY needed to double check the items they were describing to ensure their listings were accurate. I told them I would not leave negative feedback, but that I would not leave any feedback at all. In hindsight, I should have probably left negative feedback, as that seller never even responded to my message at all.

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970